The Men’s Ministry at Sup of the Lord exists to help men discover their purpose and uniqueness as husbands, fathers, businessmen, leaders and men.
The Men’s Ministry, “Gideon’s Warriors”, desires to restore the image of man until it reaches the measurement of Christ. (Romans 8:29 – For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.)
In order to have a Christian ministry for strong and balanced men, we first have to build a reference framework regarding what is not negotiable. Below are eight balanced, biblical points for this healthy men’s ministry.
- NUTRITION – (1 Peter 2:1-3; Psalms 1:1-3)
- TRAINING – (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
- PRACTICE – (James 1:22-25; Ezekiel 33: 30-32)
- UNITY – (Galatians 6: 1-3; James 5:16; Hebrews 10:23-24)
- SURVIVAL – (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
- HELPING OTHERS – (1 Peter 4:10-11, Ephesians 4:11-13)
- INFLUENCE – (2 Timothy 2:22; Proverbs 27:17; Mark 3:13-14)
- EVANGELIZE/SHARE – (Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15; Matthew 28:18-20)
Our purpose is to:
- Provide information regarding the different phases that a man goes through
- Make known the different characteristics of men (personality, needs, changes, etc.)
- Strengthen fellowship
- Love and serve our neighbor, until the beauty of our Lord Jesus Christ is reflected in all that we say and do
- Provide ways to develop opportunities according to one’s gifts, and special work talents
- Promote prayer
Prayer Group and Bible Study
The Prayer Group and Bible Study for men take place in the home of Guidi Revilla in order to share the Word of God with others. They take place every 1st and 3th Saturday of the month from 6:00am – 8:00 am. Other Saturdays which may be used in the future for other activities.